Saturday, December 12, 2009

Newly wed et al

I am not quite sure how long you get to keep the newly wed title. You know....how it feels so good to call yourself a newly wed, get a little shy and grab some attention . I thought I could get away with it atleast for a couple of years...until yesterday when I met an old colleague. After the brief  hi-s and hello-s,  I mentioned to him about me getting married recently. And he goes,

"Whoa....congratulations, how long have you been married now ?"
"Five months"
"Well...you are almost still a newly married then"

And I thought, "ALMOST" !!! It's only been five months now, and I am already "almost-newly married". HUH.

So folks, what do you think? How long do you think you  can call someone a newly wed?  I guess I am gonna keep this title atleast for a couple of years :-)

5 comments:

SK said...

Welcome back to blogdom! :--)
Congrats on the wedding! Hope you continue blogging.

And to answer your question, you are newly married until you start hanging out with people who get married after you ;--) So hang out with older people and you can stay newly marriedfor as long as you please ;--)
Good plan no?

Swetha said...

SK...thanks and good to see you here :-)

lol at your suggestion....may be I should just do that :D

Me too said...

Wait till the new year and your status would be 'got married last year'!! :)

And I want to see this 'shy face'!! ;)

Swetha said...

MT, didn't you already see me all shy and coy during the wedding? ;-)

Sandhya Rahul said...

hi dushti just happened to read ur blog ....i think that title is appropriate till 6 months after marriage .